Thanks again to all of you for your valuable feedback. We’re aware that some of you are still experiencing trouble getting video working in the player, and we’ve found that 99% of the time the issue is related to one of 3 things:
1. Not having a current enough version of DirectX (We require DirectX 9.0c and suggest you’re running Windows XP Service Pack 2). You can check the directX version by going to the start menu, clicking on run, and typing in dxdiag and then hitting ok. You’ll see the directX version down at the bottom of the page.
2. Not having current enough video drivers for DirectX ( 9.0c support required). In the dxdiag application – see issue #1 for how to run this – under the Display tab, you can try and run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests. If all tests run successful and Mosaic is not working properly, please contact us.
3. Not having a video card that will work at all with DirectX 9.0c – see instructions under issue #2 above.
2. Contact your video card manufacturer or computer manufacturer via their website and download the latest drivers for your video card. You can find the video card and version under the dxdiag application as noted in issue #1 above. After the driver upgrade, try and run the tests again as noted in issue #2 above and see if you get better results.
3. If all else fails, you may need to purchase a newer video card for your computer. Please contact your computer manufacturer prior to doing this, as they may have a workaround or advice on the issue. Unfortunately, in order to provide an application we feel best adds to the baseball viewing experience, we need to use newer technology which necessitates the use of the latest DirectX features. We hope to continue to develop the technology and hope you’ll upgrade with us as we progress.
Thanks again for all of your help and patience as we work through this process.